Recruiting Newsletter: Amanda and Sam’s must read articles of the week
Posted On: Wednesday, June 8, 2016
This week’s edition: Tech Talent Recruitment Tips
In today’s tech war there is a surplus of technology job opportunities and a limited number of candidates.The best of the best are being snatched up quickly; being tempted with 20% pay increases, “Google-like” work cultures, and the option to work remotely. So while it is important to be accommodating and selective in recruiting tech candidates during this war, it is important to open your mind to other indicators of success. Learn that expanding your mind and using different recruiting strategies could help you find qualified candidates that fit your company culture.
- What is the Point of a Preferred Supplier List (PSL)?
- Don’t get caught up on logistics (Or don’t be afraid to try new things), expand your list network
- Regina Hartley’s TED Talk, “Why the best hire might not have the perfect resume”
- Learn the difference between a “silver spoon” and a “the boxing glove”
- Paul Lancaster’s article, “7 tips for recruiting tech talent”
- Check out tip #7, an innovative idea not being utilized by most companies
Interested in learning more? We are always available to chat. Feel free to email us, or connect with us on LinkedIn.
Amanda is receiving her BA in public relations, from the S.I. Newhouse School of public communications at Syracuse University. She started as a business development specialist in 2014 and transitioned as a content writer in 2016. Feel free to reach out to her by email and LinkedIn.
Sam is receiving her BBA in Marketing, from the Isenberg School of Business at UMass Amherst. She started as an agency recruiter for Mindcircuit in 2014 and transitioned to a content writer for the business in 2016. Feel free to reach out to her by email, or connect with her on LinkedIn.