Sr. Data Architect – Cloud
Sr. Data Architect - Cloud/Hybrid (hands-on)
We are seeking a Sr. Data Architect that will be responsible for defining, articulating, implementing, and realizing various project goals to create analytical applications. This role will involve a broad spectrum of application, information, technical, data, and business architectures with a focus on delivering solutions.
- Design and build solutions and data models to support analytical applications, data warehouses and data lakes
- Utilize expertise in data modeling tools, data and database standards, database principles, conceptual and logical modeling principles.
- Provide in-depth technical architectural support during program/project solution analysis
- Leverage strong SQL skills to conduct source system analysis
- Develop, implement and maintain scripts, functions, stored procedures, and ETL jobs as required.
- Implement data handling, cleansing, and standardization procedures and business transformation rules and logic (ETL).
- Rapidly develop/test/iterate analyses that will reveal insight and opportunities for the client and build end to end analytical solutions
- Document and articulate relationships between business goals and information technology solutions
- 7+ years of database focused IT or software development experience with extensive solution design, data modeling and integration experience.
- Strong understanding of Dimensional Modeling and Data Warehouse concepts, such as star schema, snowflakes, dimensions, facts, etc.
- 5+ years of experience implementing complex queries against large datasets to support business intelligence functions.
- 5+ years of full lifecycle data warehousing experience or 5+ years of experience in implementing data integration efforts in large scale projects.
- 5+ years of experience with data modeling, ETL, application and database performance tuning and debugging.
- Experience following Agile development methodologies
- Experience designing Unified Analytical solutions (data science+data engineering)
- Strong hands on experience writing scripts, building pipelines with Modern Day Cloud based DW solutions
- Experience utilizing Google BigQuery
- Experience with Snowflake, Redshift and other Columnar database platforms is a plus .
- Center of Excellence (CoE) and Advanced Analytics experience is a plus
- Very strong customer service orientation.
- College degree in computer science/computer information systems or equivalent business experience.