Software Product Manager
Position: Product Manager
Department: Product Development
This position is a hybrid software product/project manager role within the Product Development organization. You will be responsible for several product lines, planning, and execution throughout the product lifecycle. This includes guiding the SaaS development process and working with marketing, sales, services, development, and support to bring software products and new features to market for internal and external customers.
- Work with multiple teams (Sales, Marketing, Product, Support, and external industry sources) to envision and develop software products and bring them to market.
- With the help of Product Owners and/or Business Analysts, gather and prioritize product functionality and feature requests.
- Manage the delivery of new high-quality software products on time and on budget.
- Maintain and enhance existing CDS product lines.
- Serve as Product Owner and/or Scrum Master working in multiple Agile Scrum teams to manage priorities and remove impediments to development.
- Work with third-party partners as needed.
- 5+ years in the software industry.
- Excellent organization, analytical, written, and oral communication skills.
- Prior experience as a software product manager and/or experience in software product marketing.
- Software project management experience (product organization preferred over consulting or internal IT).
- Big-picture strategic thinking combined with the ability to execute day-to-day.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to interact with clients, colleagues, and all management levels.
- Ability to handle stressful situations, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and perform within tight time constraints is crucial.
- Event or related industry experience preferred but not required.
- must be able to sit for extended periods of time; must be able to use computer and telephone equipment, including typing on a keyboard;
- must be able to think analytically, concentrate on tasks and remember details
- Four-year college degree or equivalent industry experience is required
- Demonstrated success defining and launching products