Senior SQL Server DBA
The Senior Database Administrator is responsible for all SQL Server (versions 2005 - 2012) database and reporting architecture and development. This position educates, supports, and handles escalations from the Data Processing Analysts team who are primarily responsible for custom report generation and Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) functions.
Direct Client Contact occasional
Travel Required minimal
• Lead design and development of next-generation reporting platform including self-service user reporting and data analytics.
• Lead design and development of data marts and/or a data warehouse and ETL processes required to populate reporting repositories.
• Create and govern standards for database access, security, and development of stored procedures and queries.
• Lead design and development of multi-tenant databases meeting future requirements and ensuring their integration within the product line.
• Assist development team as needed with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
• Work with infrastructure and development teams on the physical setup, access, and maintenance of databases and SQL Server environments.
• Manage the promotion of databases between environments
• Monitor system's health and performance
• Perform scheduled maintenance, archival functions, and support release development activities
• Work with the product team to maintain and enhance Xpress Reports, Data Sense, and Show Pro Reporting products.
• Create and maintain a data management policy.
• Minimum 10 years of experience working with Microsoft SQL Server databases.
• Significant database architecture and modeling experience, including transactional (OLTP) and reporting/analytics (OLAP) databases and data warehouses (multi-fact galaxy schema).
• Highly skilled writing and Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO) queries and stored procedures.
• Significant ETL experience, preferably using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and DTS.
• Substantial experience developing reports, preferably using SQL Reporting Services (SSRS).
• Experience with business intelligence and data analytics products, preferably SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
• Database Administration experience, including table indexing, backup/restore, recovery,
transaction log management, DB scriptwriting, and execution, replication, user and database object management.
A four-year college degree is required along with a minimum of 10 years of experience working with SQL Server databases.